PALU: The number of deaths in Indonesia's earthquake-tsunami disaster has risen to more than 800, because ill equipped defenders fought to reach the scores of stranded victims, health officials buried on a large scale and desperate residents were given food and water. For robbed shops.
National Disaster Agency spokesman Suetopo Puano Nugroho said, "The dead people will continue to grow, whose agency had announced 832 deaths.
"To avoid the spread of the disease today, we will start the burial of victims on a large scale."
Indonesian Vice President Jusuf Kal said that the number of deaths in the north of Sulawesi Island can be in "thousands" because many areas have not yet reached.
35-year-old mother Risa Kusuma said, "It feels very stressful, who rested her fever with a fever in an evacuation center in the neutral coastal town of Pulu." Every minute an ambulance brings in the body. Clean water is rare. Mini markets are plundering everywhere. "
On Sunday, Indonesia's Metro TV broadcast footage from a coastal community in Donggala, near the center of the earthquake. Some coastal houses were crushed but one resident said that after the earthquake most people fled to the high ground.
A man identified as Isawan told the TV, "When it was really working hard, we ran into all the hills."
Indonesian President Joko Widodo arrived in the area Sunday afternoon.
Confused in the backdrop on Sunday's support, the Indonesian army was deployed and search rescue workers were linked to the wreckage for the survivors - dozens of people stranded under a hotel alone were scared.
Nogrooho said, "Communication is limited, heavy machinery is limited ... it is not enough for the number of buildings that collapse."
A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck on Friday, which came under the tsunami which separated the city's shoreline.
Save children's program director Tom Howells said that access was hindering a "big problem" relief efforts.
Howelles said, "Support agencies and local officials are struggling to reach many communities around Dongla, where we are hoping that there can be major damage and potentially massive losses there. . "
Dozens of corpses in an open courtyard behind Palu Hospital, baking under a tropical tropical sun, separating only one building from an open trial site on the opposite side.
Bahuruddin, 52, from Palu resident told AFP, "I have a child - he is missing," he stood on the floor tiles surrounded by blood.
"Before going to school in the morning, I talked to them last."
The disaster agency said that it is believed that there were approximately 71 foreign forces in the earthquake with the safest.
Three French nationals and a South Korean, who were living in a flat hotel, were not yet responsible.
Between layered trees, vomited cars, consolidated homes and floats reached the 50 meter inland, the survivors and the defenders were struggling to catch on the scale of the disaster.
On Saturday evening residents built temporary bamboo shelters or slept in dusty farms, damaged homes fearing powerful Afsarhocks and brought more massacres so far.
With relief supplies, the C-130 military transport aircraft managed to land on the main airport of the aircraft, which was reopened for humanitarian flights and limited commercial flights, but only the pilots were able to land on the ground alone.
Satellite imagery provided by regional relief teams caused serious damage to some of the major ports in the area, in which large ships and shipping containers thrown on the ground, quays and bridges were thrown.
Hospital was very overwhelmed due to injury, many people were being treated in open air. There were extensive power blackouts.
Ansar Balmid, 39, resident of Pulu said, "People here need help - food, drinks, clean water."
'I just ran away'
The tsunami shown as a dramatic video footage caught from the upper floor of a parking ramp reduces many buildings and burns a large mosque.
Resident resident of Palu said, "I just ran away when I watched the waves killing homes on the beach," is known by many names as many Indonesian people.
Jan Gelfand, a Jakarta based officer from the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, said, "It was a terrible double calamity."
"Indonesian Red Cross is running to help the survivors."
Images have shown that a double-arcade yellow bridge collapsed with two metal arches in the form of cars that enter the double water below.
The Disaster Agency said that a major access road was badly damaged and was partially blocked by landslides.
Danger of Disaster
Friday's shock was felt on the very south of the island, in the largest city of Makkasar and part of the Indonesian part of Borneo Island, Kalimantan.
The disaster agency said that 2.4 million people could feel earthquake.
As the initial earthquake, the busiest day of the evening prayer week was going to start in the country with the largest Muslim majority in the world.
Indonesia is one of the most disaster-prone nations in the world.
This Pacific is located on the "ring of fire", where tectonic plates collide and many volcanic eruptions and earthquakes occur in the world.
Earlier this year a series of powerful earthquakes killed Lombok, killing more than 550 people on the holiday island and neighboring Sumbwa.
Indonesia has been killed in December 2004 by a series of other deadly earthquakes, including a devastating 9.1-dimension earthquake struck on the coast of Sumatra.
Comment
That Boxing Day earthquake triggered a tsunami that killed 220,000 people throughout the region, in which 168,000 people in Indonesia were involved.
0 Comments